Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Learning How To Deal With Conflict

Well tonight I had a chance to teach my son how to successfully deal with conflict.
Most of the time I'm fearless for I know what is told in Luk 12:4 "And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. "

Also written is Mat 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

However to teach my child to fight is also not a good thing with the laws against such. He has been receiving threats from his girlfriends' ex. My first advice was to ignore it. I pleaded with this boy on the phone to stop calling and my son to stop speaking to him or answering the phone.

After he threatened to come over and shoot us my defenses rose. We pulled out our weapons and waited. Thank God for no one to show. My thoughts were escalating on what would and could happen if we had this visitor. I called the local Magistrate and discussed our options with him. I did not want to harm anyone but I definitely didn't want anyone to harm us. So we waited and waited. We talked about how peace could be made and how violated our peace was by his annoying mouth.
Once my husband got home he called back the parents of this boy and tried to explain this had been happening for long enough. I however wanted to go put charges on them to make sure we had no further contact with this boy. I had five days earlier requested to him to leave us alone. I know this was the time because it was the night before my mom had lung surgery. She has been in the hospital for the last five days and certainly my nerves are on edge.

Just getting our gun out made me quite nervous but it is also a chance to teach my son about self defense if there is no other way. However if the boy had showed up our plan was to yell outside and tell him to leave the property. While at the same time calling 911. I hope to show him this is the best plan to stay out of jail ourselves. Once you are face to face with an assailant you have raw energy which can lead to any type of reactive violence. Weapons are not a good thing to have in this situation unless you are defending yourself without any options.

Some say there is always another option. I'm not so sure. I did however come across an article that raised much attention. I will share it with you. at http://meadowsislands.amplify.com/2009/07/01/should-christians-defend-themselves/

This is a very touchy subject with me. I enjoy having the freedom to protect myself but at the same time I know guns kill. Especially in the hands of the inexperienced and sometimes by professional riflemen. Many people enjoy the freedom of our youth defending our country. I'm thankful we have the same rights to defend our families and homes.

The last thing I will say about this is my husband spoke to this boys mother and he was already in some trouble. I had spoke to him last week telling him not to mess with my son because he is a child of God. This boy also is God's child and sadly running from peacefulness. After about three hours to calm down it occurred to me this child is sad, lonely and scared. I hate the way we may have demonstrated ourselves to him however, God expects us to protect ourselves. Interesting point the word protect is not in the Bible.

I may be totally wrong about this all? As I read Psa 20:1 [[To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.]] The LORD hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee; It is suppose to be a time we trust in God to defend us. I guess I need to learn more too about trusting in God. I ask forgiveness for any part I have done wrong.

The other scripture I found was Gen 14:14 And when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his trained [servants], born in his own house, three hundred and eighteen, and pursued [them] unto Dan. Which supports protecting your family with arms.

2Ki 10:3 Look even out the best and meetest of your master's sons, and set [him] on his father's throne, and fight for your master's house.

Neh 7:3 And I said unto them, Let not the gates of Jerusalem be opened until the sun be hot; and while they stand by, let them shut the doors, and bar [them]: and appoint watches of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, every one in his watch, and every one [to be] over against his house.

Eze 33:11 Say unto them, [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Luk 12:39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.

1Ti 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

1Cr 6:1 ¶ Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

1Th 4:11 And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;



Thank you for your word Lord and for an obedient son who looks to us to guide him.
May this post bless all who read it and spread upon the world Hope and patience to endure their trials to obtain the blessings of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment